I thought, along with a lot of other people, that psychology was just the study of behaviors and the effects they display among other people. I didn't realize it goes more indepth and has many other ways of studying psychology. I learned that once I started to read chapter 1 and the three main components of the scientific attitudes.
I believe that psychology affects my life because I tend to think critically. I always think more into a question or proposal when given. Most people just answer what is asked or say what comes right to their heads. I normally sit there and think about what was asked and I take the question into many different directions. According to my reading thinking critically means that I have a scientific attitude. I also see how psychology can affect my life because I watch people as they progress during school and I see how they react towards a homework assignment or how they interact with other students. Their behaviors amaze me. I question myself to why a person complains about a certain assignment or why a person might treat someone the way they do.
Throughout the reading I did in chapter 1 I found a lot of interseting things, one that sticks out in my head is the case study. Case study is the examining of one indiviual in deoth in hopes of revealing things true of us all. I learned that if you study a person long enough and more in depth you find things out that you never knew. I found this intriguing because I realized after asking a person so many questions they are bounded to finally tell the truth and reveal what they truely have inside. Another thing I learned was illusory correlation. This has happened to me many times and I never knew there was a name for it and that it has been studied. I have believed there was a relationship between two things and then later what I had believed came true. I don't believe that because we are trusting in it that that is the reason why it happens. I strongly feel that because we think there is a relationship we have the mind set that it could happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with the fact that if you study a person long enough, you will find out things about them that you never knew. However, even if you try to figure out a person, you may never know them completely. People's minds are always changing. They think many different things. However, I do agree with your thoughts.
ReplyDelete