I took time to listen to the discussion about Teens and Sleep. It was very interesting to hear the point of views from other people about Teenagers and their sleep time. I was also interested in all the facts the talk show host used to support what she was trying to make known. I realized no matter how late a person stays up studying a person who doesn't do much studying and gets sleep will do better than the person who stayed up all night studying.
I learned that if you didn't get enough sleep one night, coming home and taking a nap can help to an extent. I also learned that catching up on sleep on the weekends has good and bad news with it. It is good to catch up on the sleep but people are forgetting that you have a clock and then come that night you don't want to sleep and then Monday morning instead of getting up for school you are wanting to have your head on your pillow. I never looked at it in that way. I always thought that not getting much sleep during the week I can make up for on the weekends. That really won't work if I am staying out late with friends and then sleeping until 11:00a.m. the next morning.
I believe this is relevant to me because I have a lot of homework during the week. I don't normally get to sleep before 10:30 at night. I am also involved with sports and clubs that take up much of my time as well. I have to learn to manage my time wisely and make more time for sleep even if everything that I want to get done isn't done. You don't realize how important sleep is until it is hard to get up the next morning, you are falling asleep during classes, and doing well in classes becomes harder.
Getting sleep effects me greatly. Not getting sleep effects everyone no matter what your age is. Being a senior though and wanting to do well in school before college and yet be involved with so much I feel like I don't get enough sleep. I try and tell myself to go to bed early but I never have the time because the next day of school comes and none of my homework is done.
I was very surprised to find out that because teens aren't getting sleep they are driving drowsy. The talk show states that driving drowsy is at the same level of driving drunk. I was shock because even if I don't get enough sleep when I drive I am alert and more focused in my driving then anytime during the day no matter what I am doing. That statement I really didn't agree with because any teenage I talk to really focuses on driving and the last thing they want is to get in an accident. I also wouldn't really compare driving drowsy to driving drunk. They are two totally different situations and there would be no comparison. Driving drunk you are unaware and have no clue what is going on. Driving drowsy you are some what connected with what is going on in life.
I am going to be more aware of the time that I set apart for homework and the time I decide to go to bed. Sleep is very important and I think I need more of it. I believe if I got more sleep I might do a little bit better in my school work and I can achieve the goals that I have set academically.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is actually very scary realizing that many of us are driving while we are drousy. But i agree with you that when i am tired i don't feel any less aware of my surroundings, i feel almost like i am more aware because i know that i am tired.
ReplyDelete