Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blog #7

I would clearly state that the difference between sensation and perception has a varitey of different ways being descirbed. I would first state that sensation is what you are feeling of how you act in respones to the environment. Whereas perception is how you see things through your eyes. Many people get this two words mixed up or think that they are the same but they are actually totally different.
The most interesting thing that I learned in this chapter was dealing with the illusions and seeing things beyond what they appear to be. I was interested in the illusions we had to glance at and write about. Some many of the illusions I looked at and thought one thing but then realized after you look at the display and go beyond what the naked eye sees you see much more. I then related all this illusions to life experiences that I either have experienced or will be experiencing in the future. My favorite was the wagon wheel, you thought you knew what was happening and you thought you had figured out the puzzle but really you had to sit and observe what was truly taking place as the wheel spun. So many situations occur in my life today that I see people for who they are on the outside but it isn't until I look closely and talk more to them that I finally figure out their true selves and realize what kind of person they are.
The article I chose to summarize was called 18 ways attention goes wrong. This article talks about how our minds get so distracted and can't stay focused on one thing. We forget, as humans, of the present events that we are doing because we are thinking about future events yet to come. Because of the mind working like this we miss many other occurences in the present time that play a huge part of our future. Then the article listed 18 ways and describe each of them and how they all can play a part in attention lost in your present mind set. I found this article interesting because some of the way they mentioned that affect your train of thought at the time are events I would never have thought would affect me. It then started to make me think about how some events affect my thoughts at the moment and then I forget what I was doing, who I was talking to, or what I was suppose to be doing but instead I got side tracked. I will always be applying this to my everyday life because there will never be a moment in my life that I can't be doing something without thinking of many others things. For example right now, I am doing my psychology homework and concentrating on how these events affect my learning yet I am truly thinking about what I am going to wear tonight to the football game and how I did on my last Physics quiz. So many events happpen in my life that I can relate to either the illusions that I saw for today or just events that take place of what my mind is suppose to be set on.

No comments:

Post a Comment