I have many personality traits that represent who I am and people should expect. My strongest personality would be thoughtfulness. I always think of others before I think of myself. I try to make others happy and do what would satisfy them before what I want or need. Some traits can be positive others not so much. Positive traits are: agreeableness; I don’t see a point in disagreeing and arguing over something that can be discussed to fit both peoples needs, neuroticism; I remain very relaxed in situations that I don’t believe are a big deal I go with what life throws at me and try to make the best of it, extraversion; I am social and enjoy the company of others no matter who the person is or what they are doing, conscientiousness; I am very well organized and can be relied upon I like all my nooks and papers in correct and labeled folders, trustworthy; everyone can trust me with their secrets and know that I won’t talk about them behind their backs. Negative traits are: moody; I become very moody when certain topics are discussed and some things I don’t like brought up, procrastinator; I wait until the last minute to do my homework and hand in my work when time is almost up, I complete the work to the best effort I just don’t use my time wisely, opinionated; although it can be positive it can be taken negative as well, I will stand by what I believe and it can sometimes create an argument.
I believe I am both optimism and pessimistic. It all goes back to my mood. If I am in a good mood everything is optimism and at an above average level. However on a not so good day I can be pessimistic and it is at a low level. They both impact my life because many will see me as happy and always looking at the positives in life however some might only see me when I am pessimistic and get the wrong impression. An example would be everyone complaining about the test to take in school but I would mention we wouldn’t have homework over Thanksgiving break. Another example would be I complain about everything and look at all the negatives the situation has to offer and the new student in school sees me acting in this way will get the impression I am very pessimistic.
Two traits that vary are mood and extraversion. An example of moody would be – the other night I was happy doing my advanced math assignment. My dad came and sat by me and asked me how the class was going. They he tells me how I won’t do well in college if I don’t study for all my quizzes. I got very upset and angry with him for telling me something I already know. Another example would be I am having a great day talking to others and saying hi until I hear news that my boyfriend is flirting with other girls. I wouldn’t approach him because we are all human and do it but I would become very antisocial and not want to talk to anyone else. In both situations they would only benefit you until the change occurs. In both scenarios I was happy which would bring joy to others, then my mood would change or I wouldn’t talk to you.
I have very strong defense mechanism level. An example of a defense mechanism would be when someone would talk negative about my ex boyfriend I would stand up for him and defend him over what they had to say because I still cared about him. Another example would be me teasing my brother but once someone else starts to tease him I would defend him and put what I had to say before behind me. A final example would be when someone talks of my faith and what I believe I will stand up and speak my opinion in a defensive matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have to agree with you when you say that you are both optimistic and pessimistic. Last year i used to be very pessimistic and i didn't have a lot of fun. Then this summer i changed and now i consider myself more optimistic. I have more fun that way and i have better friends it seems like. But i can be pessimistic when a certain situation comes up that i don't want to deal with or when a test comes up in school. I'm not very optimistic about tests. I know that i usually will not do the best.
ReplyDelete